Sunday, February 15, 2009

A New Expert Emerges










By now all of the floor has been replaced and the body was ready for a first class bodyman to work the metal and paint the car. The guy next door was a retired bodyman and said he could do the job. He was into the job and doing a good job but had to quit due to illness.


That left me to seek EXPERT NUMBER 2. While the body was in the shop we could concentrate on the frame. After looking for awhile I picked up a business card for a body shop. I interviewed him and he looked at the car and said $10,000 to do the body work. I said that was outside of the budget and he came back with a $6,500 bid. I accepted and then the body went to his shop. He picked up the body and started to remove panels and weld in new ones, EVEN the ones we had put in. His father was there telling what a good guy he was a great bodyman. I visited a couple of times. He wasn't making much progress and then the big bomb. We need to sign another contract because of all of the work was not counted in the contract even though the contract said; "All bodywork, paint and polish" Let's see if you are good with Math; How much was the new contract? You are right Mr. Computerhead: $10,000.

1 comment:

  1. You have been had buy a pro. I suspect that hobby cars create a popular breeding ground for that.

    ReplyDelete