Sunday, February 1, 2009

Finally Home




Well after a lot of water and a 3 day trip because of the dampness and wet, I was in sunny Florida. I parked in the driveway and immediately was asked, "Is that what you bought?" Of course it is my dear I said in a very smooth manner. I had had a couple problems on the trip and now I thought it was time to really get to know the car, should have done that before I paid for it. I took it to a glass shop to see if I could reseal the windshield, He said he could not because it would not hold because the "A" pillar wasn't straight. That was the beginning of this small project, just straighten the pillar and .....

I could smell the dampness and pulled up the carpet and that was the first mistake. I should have dried the interior and then hope someone would steal it!! I pulled up the carpet and then "oh shit". Underneath I found rust and patch panels installed, but not real patch panels but homemade and pop riveted. I ripped all the carpet out and then the door panels and ended up with a bare interior and a lot of cancer. I also had a pile of trash for the trash man and was asked if I was going to leave THAT in the front yard.
I then decided I would repair the rust and then have a good cruiser, this is when I spoke with Bill Horne of J&B Streetrods about doing some metal replacement. He said sure and the adventure began.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm not a car rehab guy, but even I can tell that the photo on this post isn't good!

    This vehicle's come a long way. Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good story and I thought it went well!

    ReplyDelete