Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sometimes Cars Just Don't Matter


Cars don't matter, friends do. This picture shows my high school buddy, Bobby Gonsalves. I had not seen him since 1959 when we left high school together to conquer the world. Bobby was one of my best friends and we attended many classes together. He lives in Daytona Beach and I received a phone call about a week ago to ask me if I was the "Real Prentiss Yates". I mean what a question how many "Real" ones could there be? Well I went to Daytona for Bike Week on Thursday and then to Bobby's house after. We spent a couple of hours together and it was like 50 years was wiped away in a flash. It was just good to see someone without any pretenses and just enjoy our friendship. I was going to send him some photos of our class and called for his email address on Saturday. His girlfriend, Janice, told me that Bobby had a heart attack Friday night and was in ICU. I am going to call today and pray for Bobby and his well being.

No comments:

Post a Comment